Brooklyn Beckham looked visibly shaken as he visited the site of the Grenfell Tower disaster on Friday, hours after the teenager volunteered at a nearby church with younger brothers Romeo and Cruz.
The three sons of Victoria and David Beckham helped sort donations for the victims of the disaster that left at least 30 people dead and dozens more injured.
Brooklyn, 18, Romeo, 14, and Cruz, 12, visited the Tabernacle Christian Centre on Thursday to offer their help.
Scroll down for video
Emotional: Brooklyn Beckham, 18, was seen near the site of the Grenfell Tower inferno on Friday morning
A source told MailOnline: ‘The Beckham boys all were volunteering at a local church after school yesterday and today, helping sort through donations.
‘They were not at actual tower site. This was done privately as local kids, upset by the tragedy in their neighbourhood and wanting to help out.’
Pastor Derrick Wilson, 53, told the Press Association: ‘Victoria Beckham sent her children up. They were here yesterday. She sent her children, which is good.”
It is understood the Beckham brothers went to the church, which is near their west London home, to join local children who were keen to find ways to help.
It comes after singer Lily Allen visited the site and spoke to TV reporters about what happened
Brooklyn, who lives not far from the fire-ravaged tower block with his famous family, appeared emotional as he looked through messages of support left for victims’ families.
The blaze, one of the worst fires in recent British history, has rocked the London borough, which is one of the richest areas of the country.
Dressed in a white t-shirt and grey beanie hat, Brooklyn was joined by a personal security guard as he walked past railings where flowers and tributes had been placed.
Simon Cowell, who also lives near the site the disaster, has announced plans to help victims by donating all proceeds from the release of a yet to be revealed single to those who have been affected by the tragedy.
The music mogul, 57, confirmed he will release the fundraising track after watching harrowing news coverage of the disaster, which so far has claimed 30 lives and injured dozens more, on Thursday evening.
On Friday morning he explained to Good Morning Britain that to not help in his position would be ‘appalling’.
Meanwhile pop star Lily Allen has claimed ‘off-the-record’ figures given to police and fire crews reveal the true death toll of the Grenfell Fire to be closer to ‘150 people’.
The 32-year-old accused local authorities of being dishonest and said the media was ‘downplaying’ the tragedy.
Speaking out: Pop star Lily Allen has claimed ‘off-the-record’ figures given to police and fire crews reveal the true death toll of the Grenfell Fire to be closer to ‘150 people’
She told Jon Snow on Channel 4 news Thursday evening: ‘If we are talking about bringing reality into these people’s lives, I think what people would really like is a more honest count of how many people have actually died in this event, how many people have been killed.
‘I feel like the government are trying to micro manage people’s grieving here.
‘I have never in my entire life seen an event like this were the death count has been downplayed by the mainstream media.’
Allen, who lives in the area, added: ‘Seventeen? I’m sorry but I am hearing from people the figure is much closer to 150 – and that many of those people are children.
‘They are off-the-record numbers I have been given from policemen and from firemen.’
She added: ‘There’s a lot of anger here towards the council – how they dealt with people’s concerns leading up to and after the event.’
The BBC pulled Allen’s interview from last night’s Newsnight, insisting that the decision had nothing to do with her comments.
Lily Allen today joined a march at Kensington Town Hall, the headquarters of the local council, following the fire that destroyed the Grenfell Tower block
A BBC spokesman told RadioTimes.com: ‘With live news programmes like Newsnight final decisions on guests are often made late in the day which can mean the line up changes at short notice.
‘Newsnight secured an interview with the leader of Kensington and Chelsea Council late on Thursday evening and dropped Lily in order to allow time for Kirsty Wark to conduct a thorough accountability interview.
‘Like other BBC outlets, Newsnight has reported official casualty figures but also made it clear that they are expected to rise substantially.’
Lily previously courted controversy by claiming the scale of the fire was being downplayed
‘We hope to confirm a record tomorrow which will raise some money for the many people affected by this tragedy. Making calls tonight.’
Speaking to GMB via the phone on Friday morning, Simon said: ‘I was watching the news and then I drove up to see the building which is only round the corner from me.
‘I’ve seen a lot of bad things, and there, you know, not far away from where I was sitting, I just… it really dawned on you, honestly, it sent chills through me.’
‘Seeing the building it made a big impact. I think the thing that really hit home to me was when I was seeing that wall and I saw those messages and then when I saw how the residents immediately turned up with water and clothes and offers of shelter and everything else and that’s when I thought, I’m not just going to sit here and do nothing.’
‘For me in my position, not to do something would be appalling. So I wrote to all the record label heads and I basically said let’s all work together, there’s a bigger cause here.’
Brooklyn visited a church near the tower, where locals have been leaving candles and tributes
The community in west London is grieving, angry and in shock at what happened in the early hours of Wednesday morning
Helping out: Simon Cowell has announced plans help victims of the Grenfell Tower blaze by donating all proceeds from the release of a yet to be announced single to those who have been affected by the tragedy
Moved: The music mogul, 57, confirmed he will release the fundraising track after watching harrowing news coverage of the disaster on Thursday evening
He added: ‘[What] I’m hoping will happen with the record is that it pricks a few people’s consciousness and then other people decide to do something else, because I think we can do more in addition to just the record. That’s my plan.’
Simon added that the plan is already in motion, with the music mogul hoping to record the single this weekend.
How MailOnline readers can donate to a charity helping the Grenfell Tower fire victims
The Grenfell Tower fire has prompted an extraordinary outpouring of support from Britons as they try to help the victims both financially and with gifts of food, clothing and other essentials.
And MailOnline readers can donate to a charity co-ordinating efforts to help those whose lives were devastated by clicking here.
The money will go to the Kensington & Chelsea Foundation, the company’s local charity partner.
The foundation is coordinating a major funding appeal with support from London Funders and the London Emergency Trust Fund, and has set up a donation page on its website.
Every penny raised on the site will go directly to charities funding the relief effort in the local community, both for those who lost loved-ones and those who lost their homes and all their possessions.
Readers can also donate via cheque. Please make cheques payable to ‘The Kensington & Chelsea Foundation’ and send to: Grenfell Tower Appeal, The Kensington & Chelsea Foundation, 111–117 Lancaster Road, London W11 1QT.
The gutted block is just over a mile from the MailOnline and Daily Mail offices in Kensington, West London, known as Northcliffe House.
Daily Mail and General Trust (DMGT) chairman Lord Rothermere and chief executive Paul Zwillenberg last night announced a £100,000 donation to the charity.
‘We will record it hopefully and finish it Sunday, latest Monday. We already started to get a lot of people calling in saying, ‘of course we would love to do it’. People who can’t make it physically to the studio, we can record their vocals wherever they are in the world if they want to be involved,’ he explained.
He added: ‘The song is important because it obviously has to be sincere. It has to have the right message, and most importantly, for me, it has to mean something to the people affected by what happened. I do genuinely believe this will make a difference.’
The Syco record label CEO’s stable of artists includes Ella Eyre, Little Mix, Susan Boyle, Louisa Johnson and One Direction star Louis Tomlinson.
While no artists have been confirmed yet, Cowell added he would ‘love’ to get Adele involved.
His announcement comes after an emotional Adele was seen assisting residents outside Grenfell Tower in White City, west London.
The award winning singer made an appearance at the site at about 1am on Thursday morning and stayed for 15 minutes, according to eye-witness Tom Maughan.
He told Associated Press: ‘She was so nice. She was going around talking to people. She tried to keep it on the low but I shouted ‘Adele!’ and she said ‘No, it’s not me’. It was about 1am, she came with her husband.
‘She didn’t have any security with her, it was a bit surprising. She wasn’t hiding her face.’
With a number of stars donating to the fund and promoting the services offered to victims, Adele is in a minority in actually heading to the site to support those present.
Rita Ora was also pictured carrying water and supplies around the site in White City, west London, on Wednesday as she worked tirelessly into the night to provide support for victims of the tragedy.
Joined by a group of friends, the musician seemed to be battling with her emotions as she visited the site less than 24 hours after the horrifying blaze.
Tragedy: The blaze at Grenfell Tower in White City, west London has so far has claimed 30 lives and injured dozens more
Assistance: His announcement comes after an emotional Adele was seen assisting residents outside the devastated tower block
Here to help: Rita Ora was also pictured carrying water and supplies around the site on Wednesday as she worked tirelessly into the night to provide support for victims of the tragedy
Rita was born in Kosovo before her parents – a psychiatrist mother and pub landlord father – fled the country and moved to the UK when Rita was just one.
She has always been proud of her London roots, growing up around Earls Court, before later moving to Kensal Rise – a stone’s throw away from White City, where the blaze took place.
The fire that swept through the 27-storey tower block in just 15 minutes after a faulty fridge exploded could be one of the worst in British history amid fears nobody on its top three floors survived.