He walked out of the house last year after just six days.
But Jonathan Cheban is returning to the Celebrity Big Brother compound for an explosive confrontation with Ray J.
A source exclusively told MailOnline on Wednesday that Kim Kardashian’s best friend is preparing for a surprise appearance in the new series, which stars Kim’s sex tape partner Ray J.
Scroll down for video
Look who’s back: Jonathan Cheban, pictured arriving at London Heathrow on Wednesday, is returning to the Celebrity Big Brother house for an explosive confrontation with Ray J
Ray J entered the house on the launch night episode on Tuesday, but Jonathan touched down at London Heathrow the morning after in time for a surprise late entrance into the house.
The insider has told MailOnline: ‘This is set to be explosive. Jonathan is fiercely protective of Kim so for the first time one of her nearest and dearest is going face to face with Ray J it’s all going to kick off!’
‘Ray J has no idea that Jonathan might be coming into CBB and this will totally unsettle the house’.
Already in: A source has exclusively told MailOnline that Kim Kardashian’s best friend is preparing for a surprise appearance in the new series, which stars Kim’s sex tape partner Ray J
Coming for you: Jonathan sported a ‘Deadly Intruder’ hoodie as he touched down in London
The insider adds that while Ray and Jonathan have never met, he’s let his feelings about the musician known.
‘This will be the first time Jonathan and Ray J will have met although Jonathan has been vocal in the past about Ray J’, explains the source.
Taking to Twitter as the new series kicked off on Tuesday night, Jonathan sent a thinly veiled tweet about the caliber of this year’s celebs.
Kim’s BFF: Jonathan arrived in London the morning after Ray J entered the house
Loser: Taking to Twitter as the new series kicked off on Tuesday night, Jonathan sent a thinly veiled tweet about the caliber of this year’s celebs
Explicit: Ray J made a memorable arrival on Celebrity Big Brother’s grand opening night on Tuesday, when he immediately spoke about his famed sex tape with Kim
The star tweeted to his 751k followers: ‘What a loser # CBB (you know who I’m talking about)..see you soon London’.
He then added: ‘I’m still trying to figure out who the all stars are? #cbb #CBBUK’.
Back in 2013 he told Us Weekly that he had to hold himself back from tweeting about Ray J’s song I Hit It First, thought to be about his dalliance with Kim.
‘When I saw that idiot Ray J make a song about her, you know I held myself back from twittering that Ray J is a real retard,’ he said.
‘But you know, I can’t deal with a thousand people twittering back and forth so I let it go. I mean, who does that?! You’re a loser and you’ll always be a loser.’
Shameless: Ray J quickly mentioned the tape during his introductory video
Watch your back: A source has told MailOnline that Ray J has no idea Jonathan will be joining the show, where an ‘explosive’ confrontation is sure to take place
35-year-old Ray J arrived on Celebrity Big Brother on Tuesday night, and he made it clear in no uncertain terms that he’s far from embarrassed about discussing the infamous sex tape.
Ahead of entering his temporary Hertfordshire digs, the bold American star yelled in his introductory video tape: ‘You might know me for my music, TV shows and my d**k!’
He was then seen walking out onto the stage while his track I Hit It First blasted across the set.
According to TMZ, Ray J – who celebrates his 36th birthday on January 17 – has signed a deal worth a cool $1 million (£810,000) to join the cast of the reality show.
The website also reports that in addition to his large pay-cheque, he will receive an extra allowance to fly back and forth between the UK and his native US, should he be ejected from the show early.
En route: Jonathan teamed his hard-to-miss hoodie with a designer back pack and shades for his grand arrival in the UK
Going in: Jonathan hinted at his CBB return on Tuesday night, as he tweeted a cryptic photo of his suitcases as he departed the US for London on Tuesday
Jonathan hinted at his CBB return on Tuesday night as he shared a cryptic photo of his suitcases as he departed the US for London.
One of his pieces of luggage displayed a name tag that looked suspiciously like the labels given to housemates for their suitcases when they enter the house
The photo led to a flurry of comments from Jonathan’s followers, asking him if he’s returning to the house for the all-star series which has already welcomed back the likes of Heidi and Spencer Pratt, Jasmine Waltz and James Jordan.
Jonathan walked out of the CBB house after just six days in 2016, citing ‘anxiety and claustrophobia.’
Look who’s in: While so far Kim Kardashian has kept silent on her ex Ray J’s appearance on Celebrity Big Brother, her best friend Jonathan has made his feelings clear
‘My personal reason for leaving is because I feel like I came to my end of the rope here,’ he told The Mirror at the time of his exit.
‘I feel terrible leaving them like that because I do love them but it had to be done tonight. ‘Tonight, I felt was the night for me and for everybody. I feel like it was the best thing.
‘The house is turning and I don’t want to stay for that second part of it. I just think that, I tried to entertain the gang in there and laugh and no one is laughing anymore.’
It was reported earlier this week that Jonathan has been debating whether to return to CBB or accept an offer to appear on E4’s Celebs Go Dating.
He’s got her back: Back in 2013 he told Us Weekly that he had to hold himself back from tweeting about Ray J’s song I Hit It First, thought to be about his dalliance with Kim